Saturday, July 16, 2011

This Is Going To Suck Balls


When I was a kid in the 80's I was really into Saturday morning cartoons. Every single week, my brothers and I would sit glued to the screen, transfixed by the animated half hours that would keep us from bugging our parents. We each had our favorites; I remember being particularly obsessed with JemTransformersMy Little Pony and Thundercats.



God, I LOVED Thundercats. A while ago I wrote a post on how Lion-O was my first childhood crush (don't judge. It explains a lot). Next year I swear I'm going to be Cheetara for Halloween.

Then a few months ago I found out that they were remaking Thundercats on Cartoon Network. We all know how I applaud Hollywood and their ability to constantly come up with original concepts, but this nevertheless made me all squee-y inside. Then I found out that there was a clip of the first episode online and I was like, "Ooh! Jazz hands!"


What the fuck?

What the hell is this garbage about? Why are the characters all of a sudden anime? What happened to Lion-O's gigantic arms and male camel-toe?



Why is Cheetara dressed like the alien cat version of Yvonne Lehead? Why are all the Thundercats eleven years old? And BTW, why is "Thundera" spelled wrong????

No, Cartoon Network. NO. VETO.

This makes me sad in the pants. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up severely traumatized.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't check this out right now because I'm at work, but I will have to.

What is up with ALL the old cartoons being turned into anime? It sucks.

Lorraine said...

I didn't watch this as a kid, or really I did but I don't remember much about this. I will promptly forward this to my older sister though who loved this crap out of these cartoons.

Your commentary made me LOL though. Camel toe, indeed.

Lor