Thursday, April 28, 2011

SKILLZ, YO

I just realized I haven't put up a post in over two weeks. Instead of beating myself up for being inadequate, I actually feel pretty accomplished because I've been getting a ton of shit done.

April 2011 was like the month of Ninja Skills for me. I picked up a bunch of freelance projects and I've been working 14-hour days while I impress everybody with my over-achievement and glorious ability to multi-task. Not only that, but I may have- MAY HAVE- joined the ranks of the employed. I only say "may have" because even though the job would enable me to live in New York (excitement plus!!!), my boss is based in LA, and so far everything I've been promised out there has turned out to be a complete fucking lie. So we'll see. This job starts Monday, and I'll keep you guys updated on that (you know it).



I've also joined forces with some of my best and most favorite bloggy friends and am now co-authoring two more monumental pieces of literature:

Risha and I started the anti-fashion movement Whut Is Fashun?, where anyone can go to bitch about why all of a sudden there's a fucking law against wearing sweats to the grocery store. I've never done a so-called "fashion" blog before, but "anti-anything" is OK with me. I mean, please. My entire uniform is three pairs of jeans on rotation and t-shirts with band logos or 80's cartoons.

If that's not enough dry aspersion for you, I also started a group blog with a bunch of my accomplices from The Nip Clique. It's called Childhood Trauma, and we use it as an outlet to destroy a bunch of books that we loved as kids but now realize were totally fucked up and caused major personal issues in our development as functioning adults. I'll be covering the Babysitters Club series along with NicoleLorraine is handling Sweet Valley HighNips is taking over the Goosebumps books and Lily is reviewing The Boxcar Children. Of course, we'll be stealing each others' book series sometimes, too, because that's just how we roll. We started this blog like three days ago and it already has a third of the followers that I do. I'm so proud. <3


The first posts are already up, and you can check them out here.

Speaking of my blogoverse compatriots, I recently got the chance to hang with a bunch of them when they visited New York. You WILL be hearing about that soon, I promise, as soon as I get off my ass and get motivated.

I'm also super excited for this month's Movie Reviews. We've finally chosen a name for the ring, and not only that, but this month's swap list is pretty much the greatest Round Table of Win ever created. We have a whole new list of recruits this month, as well some of the usual epic participants, and seriously, just wait until you guys see this shit- it will blow your fucking mind.

I've also finally gotten around to what I promised you all last month, which is an Aural Sex column written entirely by guest posters. To those of you that volunteered to chip in and haven't yet done so, get me your shit, already. I won't point fingers, because my mom taught me that pointing is rude, and my fingers are too tiny (but double-jointed, FYI).

For those of you that are interested, I'm looking for your three favorite bands and/or your most anticipated albums of the summer. The post will go up on Tuesday, May 10th; drop me an email at thataintkosher83@gmail.com by the 5th or feel my ninja wrath.




So that's what's been going down in Nugslandria. I didn't forget about you guys; I've just been seriously occupied with my own crap for once. I swear I'll post more, since now I've actually been hit with some deadlines I actually care about.

And seriously guys, get me your shit.

I love you.

5 comments:

Harley said...

So I've been thinking of doing The Last Snog or whatever that Miley Cyrus shitshow is called but I'm not sure I want to put myself through that willingly, so thinking maybe The Bodyguard or something marginally less painful like Burlesque or Spice World. It's a tough call.

Ho hum.

the Tsaritsa said...

I read The Egypt Club (at least five times) when I was a kid and I wonder how that has altered my development. It's always made me want to start a secret society.

Lorraine said...

I'm so excited about my bad movie Glitter! What's the name of the ring, yo? And also, horray our new blog(s, cause I'm totes sharing my fashun too!) I like your face!

Lor

Nicole said...

I will maybe probably send you something by that date.

I also really need to pick a damn movie.

Also, now that Nipocolypse is all getting real jobs, except me, everyone can pool their collective resources to pay for me to take a big road trip, since I will be the one with all the free time, right? Sounds like a great plan to me...

Nugs said...

@Harley- PLEASE do Burlesque! That movie was so, so bad. I saw it hoping it would be hilariously awful, but no. NO. Just awful. I died a little inside.

@Tsa- I never read those. I'll have to look them up, because now I'm intrigued.

@Lor- I am SO excited for this! You'll find out the name soon, it's pretty genius.

@Nicole- If your review this month is anything like your last one, I'm going to have to work super hard to be hilarious.

Also, yes. I will come kidnap you.