Wednesday, March 02, 2011

BLOGRING: TRAINWRECK MOVIE MASSACRE

It's that time of the month again (I wonder how many of us started our posts off that way. Gross.)- Horrible Movie Reviews! I still can't come up with a title for the 'ring, so I'm going to keep experimenting with different ones until I get enough positive feedback to pick a permanent. This one came from Tsa, who I forced to join in this month. Diplomacy FTW!

This time around I get to participate in the sexiest blog sandwich ever. Not only was I lucky enough to post for Risha (rhymes with Dish...ah!), but I get the honor of hosting Shelly. I swear to God I don't rig these things.

Anyway, the Shellator is totally adorable, even when reviewing shitty sports movies. I swear she's a secret dominatrix. It's always the quiet ones.

I love you, Shelly. I raise my nipple tassels in your honor.

And now, I give you the best and most accurate portrayal of Air Bud ever.  Take it, Shells. Take it hard.

Hi everyone! My name is Shelly and I'm frolicking over from Shelly Talks Too Much.  Please be sure to go over to my site and read about Ginny's movie.  She's pretty awesome, and I'm super excited she's gracing her presence on my blog.

When my dear Nuggette told me that we were doing sports movies, one movie came to mind.  I had to review it, I had to watch it...right...that...MOMENT! Some of you may have watched this movie when you were younger or maybe you've seen one of the many spinoffs of this movie.  I am talking about the movie Air Bud.





I was little, but I was sure it would be perfect.  And I knew it was about basketball.  There's one problem.  It wasn't terrible.  It was adorable.  Who doesn't love dogs who play basketball?  Really, now!  Okay, maybe it's just me.  I'm probably the only adult (obviously using that term loosely) who enjoyed sitting and watching Air Bud.  I can't help it.  I spend my days thinking about sparkles, Star Wars, kitties and puppies.

Anyway! I'm sorry! Back to Air Bud.  I had a hard time actually following the plot line because I was constantly calling Nick into the room saying "Watch what the dog does! Look at him! Look at him!"  And at the end being like "Awww puppy! Make the right choice! Make the right choice!"

Basically, Buddy the Dog is owned by an evil clown that drinks too much.  The weird thing is, the guy who plays the clown, I totally remember him on Murphy Brown.  So that was a little weird in itself.  The drunk clown is getting ready to ship Buddy off to the pound for being a bad boy when his kennel falls off the truck.  He then meets his best friend, Josh.  A new kid in town who has a dead dad.  His mom has a midlife crisis and they have to start over. Josh joins the basketball team, Buddy runs in on a game, causes a ruckus, and mayhem ensues!  But the crowd loves Buddy!  I mean, who couldn't?!  Look at that precious fuzzy face!  So Buddy becomes the mascot of the team. Dog becomes a local celebrity, kid rides Bud's coatTAIL (get it...because the dog has a tail!) and then drunk clown comes back saying "THAT'S MY DOG! YOU STOLE MY DOG!"  In the end, some guy suggests to let Buddy run to his rightful owner.  Obviously, Buddy chooses the boy, but not before attacking the scary drunk clown.  And suddenly, all is right in the world again!


So, even though I shouldn't recommend the movie...I'm going to.  It's just so gosh darn cute!

5 comments:

CkretsGalore said...

Any live action shows that feature an animal doing something un-animal like is not allowed in our house apparently. Well...not on the main TV. hahah

Hey at least the dog took a round outta the drunk clown!

the Tsaritsa said...

Hey, my suggestion for the ring was "Trainwreck Movie Fest" haha I think it works :)

And Air Bud looks really cute, Shelly. I remember a little boy I used to babysit loved that movie. Maybe I should add it to my Netflix queue?

Nugs said...

You know, I can totally see this happening. And by "this," I mean Shelly freaking out about the dog, not the plot of Air Bud. That would just be wrong.

Lorraine said...

Not a fan of the animal movies, though I do remember watching this as kid. Yeah, no. I probably won't watch it ever again.

BUT I STILL LOVE YOU SHELLS. :)

Lor

TJ said...

I actually liked Air bud. LOL.