Monday, November 12, 2012

Oh, Canada! The Birthday Suit Edition

Today in the US is Veteran's Day, a monumental day in American history because it celebrates our troops and all that they've contributed to our country over the past few centuries. I'm definitely not knocking this, considering the most significant achievement I've completed recently is a grilled cheese sandwich.

I'm awesome.
However, November 12th also marks another glorious feat which should not ever be overlooked. 32 years ago, even before my mother graced this planet with my existence (holy shit, I'm old), the world was introduced to Baby Goose.


This led to an epic chain of events that includes this video that doesn't make me a pedophile;



and culminates (so far) with this scene from the best film released in 2011 that did not result at all in my ladyboner.



Also none of my friends talked to me on Facebook at all today inquiring when this post was going to go up. Kitty and I in particular did not have this conversation, which never made me sincerely question the validity of what I used to consider our very close friendship:

Nugs: Today is Ryan Gosling's birthday
If I get arrested will you bail me out?

Kitty: Sure!
Have fun!

Nugs: Why do I think you're lying?
You're totally going to call the cops

Kitty: lol

Nugs: Maybe he likes handcuffs
I couldn't tell even though I've been hiding outside his house for a week I mean no
Can you imagine if I knew where his house was?????
*DIES*

*extremely long pause*

You're forwarding this conversation to the government, aren't you?

Kitty: I kinda do
It's near one of my friend's places
in Beverly Hills (that is RIGHT NEAR ME OHMYGODKHDUYWTEYEUWGDYGFDCBCHDHHJ)

Nugs: WHAT.
HOW HAS THIS NEVER COME UP???????????
WE ARE NO LONGER FRIENDS.

I told my dad about this, by the way, and he just gave me a horrified look and went, "NO." Bobby asked me what I wrote on the card when I mailed him a chloroformed cake and nudie pic. Shut up! You guys don't know my life.

Also also- this:

I don't even... I'm done.
Anyway, enjoy this Evolution of Divinity from Buzzfeed of all the ways that the world has thanked Ryan Gosling's mom for bequeathing us with his photoshop-like presence. And Canada, we almost forgive you for Justin Bieber.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-evolution-of-divinity-everything-ryan-gosling
(Reminder- from the year 2000+ he is 100% legal. Party on.)

2 comments:

Allison said...

Oh yeah!

I will say I thought this post was going to be you announcing that you're spending your birthday in Canada - and I was all "woo hoo"

But Ryan Gosling is hot, so this is still good.

Nugs said...

Nope, still spending it at home in NYC. But you're definitely coming, and we definitely stalk together.

And uh, yeah. HOT.